Welcome to the Avalon Animal Clinic P.C. Website!
We're here to provide the best possible care and services for your pets. Our Website is now available for you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Here we will place all important information about our practice (who we are, our hours, some tips for pets care, and the services we offer), so we hope our service will be helpful for you and your pets!
Our goal at Avalon Animal Clinic is to practice quality veterinary medicine in a compassionate, friendly and caring atmosphere.
In Business Since 1979
Hot Topics @ Avalon
Precautions During the Holiday Season
- Minimize the stress in your pet’s life and keep try to keep on the same schedule. With multiple houseguests and holiday parties, it is very easy to stray from your normal routine, which in turn can cause major stress on your pet.
- Advise guests not to feed your pet any table scraps or treats. This can cause major GI upset, vomiting, diarrhea and weight gain.
- Christmas Tree water may contain fertilizers, preservative solutions, and bacteria, all which can upset your pet’s stomach if ingested.
- Ribbons and Tinsel can lead to choking and intestinal blockage if you do not keep out of the reach of pets. (Especially kittens)
- Christmas Ornaments and hooks can also lead to choking and intestinal blockage.
- Tack down or cover extension cords or electrical cords.
- Your pet can easily swallow small toy parts and accessories. Keep them up and out of the reach of your pets.
Toxic Holiday Items
- Bubbling Lights-Moderate to lethal toxicity
- Angel Hair (spun glass)- low toxicity
- Christmas Tree Preservative- low toxicity
- Styrofoam- low toxicity
- Macadamia Nuts
- Mistletoe “American”
- Japanese Yew
- Greens such as Balsam, Juniper, Cedar, Pine and Fir
- Poinsettias- not toxic, but can cause mild GI discomfort